Friday

500th Metamorphosis Monday Celebration


 I'm a little late, but I want to join Susan's Metamorphosis Monday 500 Celebration. It took me a long time, but I finally found this particular blog post from 2009! It is about a childhood doll that I had restored. I think it is my most favorite Metamorphosis Monday. I posted it on November 29, 2009: Click here for more fun on Susan's Between Naps on the Porch blog!


I'm joining in on Susan's Metamorphosis Monday today to show my old childhood doll I just had restored. This doll is over 50 years old.

For more MM fun, go here to Susan's Between Naps on the Porch.


When I mailed my old doll to Naomi to be restored, it was in six pieces as the rubber bands had deteriorated. This is the way it looked before.

The doll had to be cleaned



The hair had to be washed:



and the hair had to be set:



The dress had also deteriorated and could not be saved so the doll restorer took the dress apart to make a pattern so she could copy the dress exactly.

I remember the dress as being a pink-lavender color, it had lots of ruffles on it. She found a very similar fabric in this color and texture.

Here are the yards and yards of ruffles that had to be hemmed on both sides, then stitched on around the bottom  hem.

Then the other ruffles around the hip area.

She did an exquisite job working on every detail!

Ta-da!

Can you believe how gorgeous she turned out!

She looks like a brand new doll!

I can't remember what I named her, she is an

Effanbee Honey doll. I'm trying to think of a lovely name for her,

any suggestions?

She doesn't look like she is over 50 years old, does she?

Naomi, is the doll restorer, and she has an Etsy shop,  http://artheliasattic.etsy.com here, she does wonderful work, a real perfectionist!  Thank you, Naomi for all your hard work! You have made me very happy!

I think you are a miracle worker! From this:


To this:



I hope everyone had a happy Thanksgiving, we certainly did! Two of our children and their families were here and we had so much fun with them.  I'm always sad when they leave, I wish we all lived closer together.  I'm now thankful I have my blog and blogger friends to keep me company!  I'm too  tired today to start Christmas decorating, but hope to start tomorrow.


2018 - I hope you enjoyed seeing my doll transformation!

Have a happy day!

God Bless.




Katherine

1 comment:

marieDee said...

I admire the restorer's work. Did you ever decide on a name?