Monday

Welcome, Emily!


 
When I put away the Christmas decorations I did this vignette on the end table in the family room.

 

I bought this pretty plate at Home Goods a few years ago for only $5.00, some of the black paint on the border was missing but easily fixed with a marker pen. I love bargains like this!


I like to display this pretty plate during the winter months.
 

After my grandson's recent engagement to his "Emily" I decided to honor her in this vignette by replacing the bird with their picture:
 

 It was a little hard to get a good shot because of the reflection on the glass




The vase is made from cord. I found it at Michael's last year.




 Welcome to our family, sweet Emily!


 The beaded edge of the lamp shade compliments the vignette.


I hope you enjoyed my "Emilie" vignette
 

If you would like to see Taylor and Emily's creative proposal, click here:

I'm linking to Marty's Tabletop Tuesday, and the Tablescaper's Seasonal Sundays, click on their names for lots more inspiration.
Katherine

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Katherine! Oh, this is a lovely vignette and I love your plate!
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Hayu Maselli said...

My Dearest Katherine,

You are very sweet and darling Grandmother.Beautiful welcoming thought.
I am sure Emily will be sooooo happy with this.
You guys are so sweets.
So pretty your 'Emilie Vignette'
wishing you a beautiful week
love

Debbie said...

Just perfect! I love that you were able to tie the photo of the love birds into the plate. (And thanks for that tip about marker. I happen to have a plate that needs that exact TLC.)

Phyllis @Around the House said...

love that sweet little plate and it looks so lovely with the way you have it arranged..love your vignettes...

Sarah said...

Katherine, I'm sure your Emily appreciates your thoughtfulness. When's the wedding?

The Polka Dot Closet said...

What a great plate and such a wonderful way to welcome Emily into the family. I am kind of glad it won't be the 13th, I am not superstitious, just like the 20th better LOL!

Carol