Wednesday

New Tablecloth!

I'm joining Susan's Tablescape Thursday with a new tablescape. Click on her name for lots more inspiration.

I haven't been buying anything new to do tablescapes with, using only what I already have. A few days ago we went to Home Goods and saw this beautiful tablecloth. My husband encouraged me to get it because it matches our burgundy and gold dining room perfectly.

The price tag was right, being only $9.99! It is a nice thick polyester cloth with a sateen finish.
It is 70"x108" - a very nice size!
My butterscotch yellow dishes, flatware, and amber crystal is also perfect with it!
I enjoy using the amber etched goblets whenever possible!


So happy I also had napkins that match and the napkin rings too!

I also had a centerpiece that is right!
I played with this a while before leaving it like this (above.) At one point I had the beaded garland surrounding the vase. I also added the sheer gold napkin to tie in with the china more.


Rain was predicted today and it was cloudy, so when the sun started shining I grabbed the camera and quickly took these pictures!


I'm so happy my husband encouraged me to buy the beautiful tablecloth, it really looks lovely!

Won't you join us?
Thanks to Susan for hosting!

I'm also linking to Kim's Wow Us Wednesday! Click on her name for lots of fun!
Katherine

20 comments:

Donna (My Mothers {favorite} Daughter) said...

That table cloth is a match made in heaven, you have a smart man there Katherine! The dinnerware is so buttery and beautiful against that dark table cloth, and your floral arrangement makes me want to bury my nose in it! Beautiful table my dear!

Kathleen said...

Beautiful cloth and the table looks so pretty!
Did you find purple nakins in HG yet?
Hope all is well! Enjoy your purchase!

Zuni, Chickadee Home Nest said...

You had me with the stemware...so, so pretty!! And the tablecloth is perfect! Great table! ~Zuni

Rettabug said...

It really DOES matche your burgundy and gold dining room perfectly...nice score, Katherine! I know you'll get lots of use out of that purchase. And how nice to have a DH who encourages you to BUY...that would never happen here! LOL

Hugs,
Rett

Anonymous said...

I love the new cloth. Your table is gorgeous, Katherine.

Susan said...

Absolutely lovely as always!

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

Oh he was right! That tablecloth is perfect in your dining room. How pretty with your dishes and lovely centerpiece. I would love to join you at your pretty table.

A Hint of Home said...

How beautiful is that! Everything blends and matches perfectly!
Hope you're doing well!

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

Love it...the rich deep color is beautiful...good for him for encouraging you!!

Alycia Nichols said...

My eye first hit those beautiful napkins, and I just about hit the floor! They are the exact color I've been looking for for nearly a year or more!!! You did a great job of mixing it up with the colors from the linen! Have a wonderful weekend!

Adrienne said...

Love your new tablecloth! Your buttery yellow dishes are perfect with it. Your tablescapes are always wonderful - love stopping by to see them. Just wish I could sit down and enjoy a 'real' chat and see your table for real!
~Adrienne~

Tricia said...

Don't you love it when one new item goes so perfectly with things you already own? I really love the burgundy with the pale yellow dishes.

CJ Foss said...

The new table cloth is a match made in tablescape heaven! Your yellow plates and burgandy walls are so pretty, soft and sophisticated. They both made me think of roses I have in my garden. I bet your yellow arbor is beautiful! If you have time this weekend, stop by www.inandoutmynest.blogspot.com. I've just started a weekly blog party called R & R Weekend for sharing ideas about Rest and Rejuvenating our creative spirits. Anything from writing, reading, tablescaping, sewing, singing, crafting or traveling. I love to read/see what other people do to recharge! Hope you can stop by! Happy blogging. ~CJ

Monica @ Happily Playing with Dishes said...

Great match and great price. Lovely table.

Tess said...

Beautiful cloth and your whole colorscheme is so pretty! Love those yellow plates!

Ivy and Elephants said...

Hi Katherine,
Just found your lovely blog. The table is oh so elegant. Those glasses are absolutely gorgeous. The color is just perfect!
You're invited to share with us at our link party. We'd love to have you share, and you're always welcome!
Hugs,
Patti

Carole Burant said...

Oh how gorgeous is that tablecloth!! So glad you listened to your hubby and bought it:-) I just love the gold with the burgundy, it makes it all look so very elegant. I'm in love with your napkin rings as well!! xoxo

Jane@Cottage at the Crossroads said...

You really scored with the tablecloth purchase. It looks marvelous in your pretty dining room, and it really compliments your dishes. What a lovely table you've set!

Debbie said...

I'm glad your husband convinced you to grab up the wonderful deal on that tablecloth. It does match beautifully. I love the whole table.

Now, I'm having a real envy problem with those butter yellow dishes. I would love some of them this year.

Thou shall not covet thy blogger's dishes...

Rosemary said...

Love your tablescape. The new tablecloth is so rich! And the flowers are perfect!