Wednesday

Tablescape Thursday

I'm happy to join in with Susan at Between Naps On The Porch, with a new tablescape! Click on Susan's name for lots more tablescaping inspiration.

First I want to thank Bill, Affordable Accoutrements for his help on my last tablescape. I had ask if anyone knew the name of my crystal that is 50 years old. Bill worked his magic and found the name of it! I had even forgotten what make the crystal is, as well as the name of it! If you would like to see this crystal click here.

Inspiration for this tablescape is from these placemats and napkins. A good friend of mine made them for me and gave them to me for a Christmas gift. Aren't they beautiful!
I didn't think I had things to do a tablescape with them, but when I started putting it together, it was easy! I was surprised I didn't have to buy a thing to make this pretty tablescape! I used things around the house I already had!

The dinner plates are from Dollar Tree. The salad plates were less than $6, from Ross.

The green glasses and sherbets are what we used back in the 70s!

The centerpiece is a basket I haven't been using, it is filled with faux ivy. I don't have any cardinal birds because I've given all of them to my daughter who has cardinals in her Hunter Green guest bathroom. I used this pretty little red glittered bird left over from Christmas.


The black handled flatware is from Ross and cost only $3.99!


It all started with this, a set of four:

This is the opposite side of the placemats, I like this side as well!
I think it makes a very nice winter tablescape with the wood grain showing on the table.

Would you like to sit here?

Or you may choose your place!



(The sun is on the chair on the left!)


I hope you enjoyed seeing the cardinal tablescape. Thanks to my friend, Jan, for providing the pretty placemats and napkins!

Thanks to Susan for hosting Tablescape Thursday so we can play with our dishes!


Katherine

23 comments:

~Becca~Bluebird Rose said...

Lovely!
I love cardinals; it's our state bird!
Pretty color combination...
:)
~Becca~

Anonymous said...

You started with a wonderful inspiration and made it happen. It's especially nice knowing you used what you had.

Slice of Pie said...

Very pretty table ... and love the color scheme. Thanks so much for sharing.

Slice of Pie said...

Very pretty table ... and love the color scheme. Thanks so much for sharing.

Lynn said...

A very pretty setting Katherine! Lovin' your special placemats and napkins-enjoy:@)

Marigene said...

Katherine, this is one of my favorites of your tables...love the placemats. Your dishes look so nice with the green footed water glasses. I have the blue, clear and amber ones but never see any of the green, which are the ones I really want! Have a great rest of the week!

Linda (More Fun Less Laundry) said...

Hi Katherine, Isn't is amazing what a beautiful table can be set with things from the house? I have a bright red cardinal in my yard who feeds at my feeder every day with his female, and they cheer me up in this horrible ice and snow that we are having! our table is cheery, too! Linda
p.s. I clicked back to your last table. Those little bell s & p shakers are adorable!

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Happy Tablescape Thursday, Kathleen! What a nice friend to gift you with those beautiful placemats. They are lovely, and you did a good job matching them with your plates and glassware. You know how much I love the Dollar Tree! It's high on my list of favorite shopping haunts. Nice job, my friend. Thanks for sharing...

XO,

Sheila :-)

Kathleen said...

I think Marigene wants your glasses!
Very pretty, K,love the colors.
Lovely place mats and napkins.

Kathleen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

Oh how pretty! isn't it wonderful how tablescaping challenges us to try new combinations that we might never have tried? Love hyour pretty place mats -- no wonder the cardinal has been chosen by so many states as their state bird -- mine (Virginia) too!

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

Very prettty. Those placemats are great! Your centerpiece is perfect with it....

Anonymous said...

A beautiful table Katherine. We love Cardinals and enjoy watching them at our feeders.

A Hint of Home said...

I love the rich colors in this tablescape! What a beautiful gift you received when you got those placemats. They are lovely!

Marlis said...

your tablesetting is wonderful. i love the placemats!!! your dish combo is perfect on them. Great table.

Adrienne said...

It's so good to see you here again - I've missed you! I love your new placemats and napkins. What a wonderful gift. You've done such a nice job of putting it all together. But, then, you always do, my friend.
~Adrienne~

Tricia said...

What a wonderful friend, to give you those gorgeous placemats! And you've set a lovely table to show them off. I love your pretty glasses and sherbets -- that's a favorite pattern of mine.

Sweetladyelaine said...

I love your placemats and napkins! Just so pretty... What a wonderful inspiration. I love the fact you didn't have to buy anything to complete this lovely tablescape. Thank you for sharing...

Susan Nowell @ My Place to Yours said...

What a pretty woodland winter tablescape! It looks very warm and welcoming. Stop by if you get a chance. I just posted my BEST tablescape ever!

Anonymous said...

Hi Katherine! Oh, your table is so pretty and looks so wintry and cozy!
I had those same glasses in gold once upon a time! :)
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Kathleen Ellis said...

Hi Katherine~
What a lovely cozy winter tablescape! I love your placemats & napkins...such a pretty pattern!
Thanks so much for stopping by...Have a most beautiful weekend!
;-D Kathleen

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Katherine, I am way behind on visiting. Hopefully life will settle down for a while. I love this tablescape. The placemats are so beautiful and your dishes are just perfect. Love the basket with the ivy and the glitter bird, it works perfectly. Lovely as always. Hugs, Marty

Entertaining Women said...

I kept looking for the name and maker of your wedding crystal. I totally understand why you chose it to go with your china. It's fantastic! Kate Spade has made a secure niche for her designs with so many young brides. I think that her designs are going to be here for the long haul. Thank you for sharing your beautiful design. Cherry Kay