Thursday

Impromptu Tea Party!

What happens when a friend from your hometown in another state comes to visit? An impromptu Tea Party! Instead of going to a restaurant for lunch, or to the beach to eat on the picnic table (since it is still hot and steamy here in FL) we decided to throw caution to the wind and have a small tea party for two at our house!

My friend, Barbara came here to FL 

from our hometown, Huntsville, AL

I haven't seen her in two years, but we stay in touch on FB.

I set the table for two, using my Old Country Roses china

 I made some cucumber sandwiches and a few other things.


Egg salad sandwiches, assortment of tea breads, lemon curd pastries, and peach hot tea.

Ta da! Tea is served!

(Click on picture to enlarge)

We spent the entire afternoon chatting and looking at photo albums of our neighborhood and the school we both attended. How can you tell a real friend who loves you? She enjoys looking at your photo albums! True! Some people can't be bothered!

See those big smiles!

Lots of memories from days past! Many days, years!

Truth be known - we are old cheerleaders! You know we never stop cheering you on!
But, she is three years younger than I am!
Her story is that when I was a cheerleader, she always
watched me very closely and wanted to do what I was doing!
Then, three years later, after I graduated, she followed in my footsteps,
became a cheerleader just like me (three years, etc!)
 
She lived in the same neighborhood I did and I knew her sisters, but we didn't actually meet again until she came to FL a few years ago to visit her brother, and we renewed our friendship then. Every time she comes to visit her brother, we have to get together! We have a lot in common - kindred friendships!

Can't wait till next time! 

Katherine


3 comments:

Creations By Cindy said...

What a precious post! I love seeing old friend reunite. And who wouldn't with that spread and your beautiful country rose china! I was a cheerleader too. For 5 years straight! Bet we know a few of the same cheers. LOL! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Sandra Miller said...

I love tea parties! Your table looks so beautiful and your food delicious. I love lemon curd. So happy Barbara could join you again. She is special and it is obvious your friendship is special.

Kylan Gentry said...

Hello everyone on here, I want to share with you all a great testimony on how I was cured by Dr Jekawo, who cured so many diseases.
I was suffering from herpes and diabetes also my little sister was a victim of blood cancer too but with the help of Dr Jekawo we are all fine, well with his natural remedies that he prepare then send to us through dhl courier he then instruct us on how to drink the herbal medicines which we did and today we are completely well, we have being living free for 2 years now and it's seems like a God sent when I met him online by a lady giving testimony online like I'm doing right now.also I have introduce Dr Jekawo to several colleagues from works suffering from different kind of diseases and Dr Jekawo has healed all of them with his herbal knowledge. he's a great man with ancestral power to cure people with herpes,cancer,diabetes,hepatitis,hpv,lupus,als,hiv/aids, also spiritual consultation he's available for that as well.
I email him on: drjekawo@gmail.com because that's the only source to get to him as he lives far from the United state,I told him that I will be giving testimony on his behalf because he's a good man with a Godly heart.