Thursday

Santa 'Scape


Inspiration for this Santa tablescape started with these vintage look Santa chargers found at Michael's last month. They were on sale for $2.50 each, and since I love vintage look things I couldn't resist getting them.

I'm joining Cuisine Kathleen's Let's Dish. Click on her name for lots of inspiration. I'm also joining Susan's Tablescape Thursday. Thanks to these ladies for hosting these fun parties for us!

I made one other purchase - this pretty red lace tablecloth, it was only $7.99 at Ross.

I also used my new red goblets (featured in last week's tablescape) as well as the red plaid napkins, used last week. I'm going to get a lot of mileage from these!
 
I've had the red flatware for a long time and the clear plates. I used the clear dinner plates and clear salad plates so the charger picture could show through.

For the centerpiece I used these cute little Santa guys!


I collect cute and unusual Santas!

Here they are close-up:





I also have a Santa tree with these Santa elves on it. They elves all have wings, not sure what they are called.
 

These pretty Santas also deserve some recognition!


We have enjoyed this cheerful merry 'scape!


Here's a place for you to sit!


Can you see the puppet on a stick Santa is holding?

I have a "Santa on a Stick" I display on a curtain valance each year:
(I have him on a door knob here so he shows up better.) I found him at Tuesday Morning years ago.










Ho, ho, ho!! Have a very Merry Christmas!
Do you see what I forgot? 

Katherine

7 comments:

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

Oh Katherine, those chargers are FANTASTIC. I haven't seen those anywhere around here....Merry Christmas!

Parsimonious Décor Darling said...

Darling Santas! The Santa on a stick is extra special! Love him!

Unknown said...

What a beautiful, whimsical table! I love, love the plates that you picked up from Michael's! Great find!
Shelia
House of Highlands

Marigene said...

What a wonderful find...those Santa chargers are fantastic!
Nice collection of Santas, too, Katherine.
Merry Christmas...

Alycia Nichols said...

Yes indeed you will get a lot of mileage out of both the Santa chargers AND those clear plates! Clear plates are a staple around here. I hate to block out the design on some of my chargers, and the clear glass plates find their way to the table every time that's an issue! I didn't see these particular chargers at Michael's here. They're really cool! I like that vintage look!

Your Santa collection is terrific! The Santa on a stick is among my favorites. I guess the Santas with wings are Santa fairies? Unusual...and that's what makes them so fun and a real collector's item!

I looked at every photo, but I can't figure out what you might have forgotten. It's a real conundrum!!!

Merry Christmas to you and Joe!!! I hope you have a fantastic Christmas week!

Kathleen said...

I love those chargers, I have never seen any like them! Great table, so cheerful. Good use of those new plaid napkins too!
Thanks for linking and have a very blessed Christmas!

The Quintessential Magpie said...

This is super cute, and I LOVE the Santa plates!

xoxox

Sheila :-)