Wednesday

Let's Dish Bird, Nest, Egg Challenge

 When preparing for Cuisine Kathleen's Bird, Nest, Egg Challenge I came up with  two different tablescapes. This is the second one, it is brighter. I posted the other one last week.

I guess the inspiration for this tablescape started with these placemats:
 The price was right!
 They look good with all these shades of green:


 I wanted to use this wire surround for this birds nest:

The little red bird gave a pop to all the greens!

I love this cute little fat red bird! Found it at Michael's last year.

With the addition of red, I added these beautiful Vera napkins that has the red with other bright colors:

And the red handled flatware was a must!

I also found these tiny little birds (made from mushrooms) tucked away in a drawer.

My husband  took a walk and brought back the Spanish moss that is plentiful around here in FL.
(We put the bag of it in the freezer overnight to kill any mites on it.)


I couldn't decide whether to put the nest right onto the plate or on top of the napkins.
 

 Which way do you like it better?
 It shows up better on the plates:


So I choose the plates.


                                              The centerpiece
   

 See the tiny nest on top with the blue egg inside:

 It even has a little feather in the nest!

 I found the wire surround at a tea room/gift shop in Williamsburg, VA a few years ago. They didn't know what to call it. On the receipt they had "Crown" since it is shaped similar to a crown (with a birds nest on top! LOL!)


Below is last week's bird tablescape. It has round placemats that look a little like a birds nest. I love the centerpiece with the ceramic bird and three bird nests! I also love the soft neutral colors. Click here to see everything.

 

Which is your favorite? One is neutral, one is bright.

 I'm linking to Cuisine Kathleen's Bird, Nest, Egg Let's Dish Challenge, and
Susan's Tablescape Thursday, and Alma's Seasonal Sunday's. Thanks to all the hosts.
Click on their names for lots of fun and inspiration.


Katherine

20 comments:

Betty Marie's said...

I absolutely love the bright colors! Your table is so cute!

FABBY'S LIVING said...

I love all the Green and the placemats are awesome! The Little bird nests in each place is adorable! You did perfect for Kathleen's challenge!
Hugs,
FABBY

Pam~ Virginia Retro said...

Beautiful! I'm a color person so I like the green with the gorgeous Vera napkins, though they are both pretty. Love the unique green placemats too. This was a fun challenge.

Sarah said...

Fun, bright colors, Katherine. Your new placemats will be great for lots of different looks. Thanks for sharing.

Debbie said...

I love it from the placemats on up. The colors are perfect and make me think of Easter. I can't decide which way I like it better, with or without the napkin on the plate, so I'll call it a draw and say that I like them both.

And I love the centerpiece with the wire/crown/whatever they want to call it surrounding it.

Anonymous said...

So bright and cheerful! Love those pretty napkins.

Tricia said...

I vote for bright! But then, I've never met a color I didn't like! I really love those green placemats. They will be SO versatile, as green serves as a "neutral." The bright floral napkins add the perfect touch!

Kathleen said...

They are both so pretty! Love the placemats, you will get a lot of use from them! Those green dishes are so pretty too, love the edges.
Great entry, K, thanks for taking the challenge!

ellen b. said...

Hi Katherine,
What a fun setting at your table. I like last weeks setting, too. Very pretty.

Marigene said...

Katherine, the first thing I spotted other than lots of green were the gorgeous Vera napkins...they can be spotted a mile away! Lovely table. Love the placemats, wish they had had colored ones when I found my round ones a year or so ago...I'd have taken all the green ones!
Have a wonderful week.

Alycia Nichols said...

Hi, Katherine! Yes....this 2nd one is just full of vibrant color!!! It's the one that would wake you up for breakfast or brunch! I liked last week's, too, though. I guess picking one would depend on what time of day and who my guests were!

The placemats are really neat...a great starting point for your tablescape. The napkins with all those brilliantly colored flowers really make a statement, too!

Your centerpiece is pretty cool! I guess calling it a crown is just about as close as anything! I love how shapely and see-through it is!

Have a great weekend!

Alycia Nichols said...

Hi, Katherine! Yes....this 2nd one is just full of vibrant color!!! It's the one that would wake you up for breakfast or brunch! I liked last week's, too, though. I guess picking one would depend on what time of day and who my guests were!

The placemats are really neat...a great starting point for your tablescape. The napkins with all those brilliantly colored flowers really make a statement, too!

Your centerpiece is pretty cool! I guess calling it a crown is just about as close as anything! I love how shapely and see-through it is!

Have a great weekend!

Ann @ Corner of Plaid and Paisley said...

Your placemats are the perfect spring accessory for the table!! They make a great "grassy" base! Your Vera napkins lend just the right pop of color to make this a cute friendly spring table!

Entertaining Women said...

Out here on the prairie, we have tumble weeds. I think that your wonderful Spanish moss is probably a whole lot easier to use in a tablescape. Delightful design, and I love the little nests. Thanks for inviting us for a peek. Cherry Kay

All The Pretty Dishes said...


There is something very special about this tablescape. I don't know if it's the different shades of green or the punch of red. Whatever it is, it looks beautiful. I really like how the nest looks on top of the pretty plate.

Candy S said...

The fat little red bird in the centerpiece is not only darling but perfect for this table. His cheery red color picks up on the pops of red on the Vera napkins wonderfully. The greens in the tablecloth and placemats are saying spring to me. Lovely!

Tea in Texas said...

Lovely challenge bird tablescape The green place mats coordinate so well with the green tablecloth. Your red bird inside the crown gives the centerpiece a pop of color. Great way to complement all the bright hues with the Vera napkins!

Pam

The Tablescaper said...

Love how bright and cheerful your table is.

Thanks for being a part of Seasonal Sundays.

- Alma, The Tablescaper

Beth in NEPA said...

I enjoyed seeing your table settings. They are so bright and cheery.

Nancy's Notes said...

Katherine, what a beautiful and colorful tablescape! I love all of your pretty little details!!