Wednesday

My Sister

Saying goodbye to my sister, my only sister.

Katherine and Anna (sometime in the 40s)

We were always very different, I was blond with brown eyes and she had dark hair and blue eyes. She was outgoing, I was shy.

Ann at age 4

When I was a little girl I called my sister "Sissy!" One of her friends laughed at that and it embarrassed me, so I stopped. I wish I had continued, I think Sissy is a sweet endearment.

We always had a lot of distance between us since I have lived in Florida most of my life. During the last 20 years we started trying to spend more quality time together.

My sister, Ann was a beautiful woman in her younger days.

Ann had a long hard battle with the lung cancer which went to her brain, then throughout her body. Her five children took turns being by her side so she wouldn't be alone. They were wonderful with her! Such love.

We will miss her very much, but know we will meet again to spend eternal life together!

Ann and Leroy
Together Again!

May you rest in peace.

Katherine

10 comments:

Susan said...

Katherine, I am so sorry and I know the loss. I am glad she is now at peace. ((hugs))

Carole Burant said...

Dear Katherine, I'm so very sorry about these sad news but just knowing that she is no longer suffering can help ease the pain of loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you and the family. xoxo

Creations By Cindy said...

Oh sweet Katherine, I am so sorry for your loss of your beloved sister. May peace come upon all the families and memories be told for years. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Connie said...

Yes, you will absolutely see her again someday and it will be a glorious reunion, sugar. Of that I have no doubt whatsoever!

A beautiful post celebrating your sissy. :-)

xoxo,
Connie

Adrienne said...

Dear friend - I am so sad for your loss. I'm praying for you as you walk this difficult road. Hold your memories close - they are precious and bring healing to the soul.
~Adrienne~

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

Oh sorry Katherine.....but at least you know her suffering is over and you will be together again.....my sympathies to you and your family.

Debbie said...

My heart just breaks for you. I know what it is to lose a sibling (We lost our brother), but I know that losing a sister is a very special kind of loss and pain that's different. I know that because I have sisters and dread the day I lose them.

May God comfort you the way that only he can, Katherine. I'm so very sorry.

And she was a beautiful woman.

Kathleen said...

My deepest sympathy , K. She is at peace. I will pray for all of you.

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

Katherine -- I'm so sorry for your loss. Our twin grandgirls call each other "sissy" and it is so sweet. I hope nobody talks them out of it! Please know that many of us are thinking of you, knowing that it's hard to say goodbye to those we love. We are so blessed to have the promise of eternal life with our Lord....what a beautiful comfort that is.

Rosemary said...

Such a beautiful tribute to your sissy and her family. Extending my deepest sympathies to you and your family.