Friday

Trick or Treat, and more

It's October and it's still hot here in Florida, but I have my few Halloween decorations out now.

I've said before I don't really like Halloween and only have a few decorations. I don't like the scary or weird decor, so I stick with cute Halloween decor!

I love the vintage look holiday decorations and love these cute little kids dressed in their Halloween costumes. They remind me of when my children were small and enjoyed dressing up in their costumes.



This vignette is on the hall tree in our foyer.
I have one more Halloween vignette I'll share soon. I also have the fall decorations out of the attic and I'm slowly getting them all in place.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We've been busy lately getting our affairs in order. Since we've been very involved with Joe's sister and her husband and their illnesses, our eyes have been opened and it has motivated us to get going on updating our will, etc. Our advisers gave us these living wills today and even though
they are a bit disturbing, we are filling them out.
The Five Wishes wills are published by Aging With Dignity, to order call 1-888-5-WISHES, or
go to the website: http://www.agingwithdignity.org/


Do you have a will prepared? And/or a living will?

God Bless.

Katherine

10 comments:

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

Your little halloween kiddies are so cute. They really do look like little children in their costumes! We are going this week to buy our grandchildren their costumes. You have the sweetest things Kath...have a great weekend.

Unknown said...

Wonderful Halloween decorations, I love the trick or treat sign, Have a wonderful weekend!

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Oh what sweet figurines of children in their costumes. It really does remind me of my own children too. Lovely display. Hugs, Marty

Carole Burant said...

I just love your Halloween decorations! Like you, I don't care for the spooky decorations, I'd much rather have the sweet and innocent decorations like yours:-)

We had our will done a few years ago, it certainly is a good idea to have one as you just never know what can happen. xoxo

Love Bears All Things said...

No, we don't have wills. I know it is something we do need to do. We do have living wills. I saw the need for this when my Mother was sick. We had prepared hers and Daddy's 2 years previously. We also have our daughter on our bank accounts and other financial documents. I've spoken with her about our wishes. She is always saying, write it down.
Thanks for this post.
Mama Bear

parTea lady said...

That is a cute Halloween vignette. Good advice about getting affairs in order and having a living will.

Eileen said...

Great Halloween decorations! Very sweet!
And great reminder to get things settled.
We do not have a will or any other directives in place!
Thanks for this post!
All the best,
Eileen

Bill said...

Hi Katherine,
Charming figurines! You always do a lovely job with your vignettes. Thank you for the reminder to be considerate and sensible and keep wills and other directives in order. Things like that are so easy to put off as we rush around caught up in often-trivial matters.

Loved your Autumn tablescape. I'm running late visiting again, but wanted to mention that your dark plates, satiny table linens, and shimmering ornaments created a beautiful effect!

Hope your week goes well.

Bill

Sara's Sweet Surprise said...

Hello Katherine~What adorable Trick or Treaters you've gathered together.
We too like to make our house Halloween friendly. The decorations are very whimsical and fun. We usually have over 130 treaters. In our front yard we have several of the balloon blowup figures, that most of our visitors like to take photos with. We're soo looking forward to Halloween night.

Sweet wishes,
Sara

Tina Leigh said...

You can make someone your power of attorney over your health care too...this allows someone to make the descions about your health care when you are unable...(ie.maybe you are in a coma)but we had a situation the other day where a woman gave her daughter POA but the woman/mother made known she wanted to be a DNR (do not resussitate, if the heart stops or you quit breathing..nothing is done)and she did not want to be on the vent....the woman had cancer. Well the daughter would not make her mom a DNR & she was put on the vent. It was a horrible situation and in my opinion very cruel to the patient. She was not allowed to die at ease becasue her daughter put her through HELL! So YES having it in writing and noterized is the way to go. Keep a copy of it in your pocket book, give a copy to your doctor!