Thursday

The First Nativity in my Collection

Nativity in Niche - 2018

This Nativity was my first one, the one that started my 
Nativity collection:
I've had it since the late 60s.
It was given to me by my Aunt Catherine,
a favorite aunt.
The figurines are ceramic, I don't know
who actually made them.
Joseph is 10 inches tall
Mary is 9 inches tall
Baby Jesus' manger is 6 inches long

Every year I display the Nativity set in this niche 
between the dining room and family room
The decor of it is different each year.

Below is this year's display:
 I used an old piece of lace to go with
the cream colored theme this year.


I bought the capiz shell "flowers" at Pier 1 last spring.


I had planned to show all of the different ways I have decorated it each year, but ran into difficulty because I couldn't find a picture of each year. I know I took pictures, but lost or misplaced a lot of pictures when we switched over to a new computer. I will show the pictures I found, but have forgotten which year goes with each picture.

I have decorated it differently for 18 years now.

Below is last year's display, using white poinsettias:

2017
2017
2017

Nativity display - 2016
I used  maroon velvet fabric with red poinsettias.
A few of Joe's childhood animals from his Nativity
are also used with this one.

2018 has the old lace

I really like this one using faux roses:
The old family bible is over 100 years old.



Another display with roses used differently:

 This one has holly:


 The niche has an overhead light:

 This one has a green velvet cloth:
With white and gold poinsettias

Another year with green and gold:

A different green cloth:



 This one I used a crocheted tablecloth:
 The long shot view:

The angel that hangs above:


 This was one of my first displays:
The wall (above) looks pink, but it's a berry color 


Which is your favorite?

Merry Christmas!


If you would like to see all of my Nativity Collection click here:
I posted this collection December 2012 I have a few new ones since then,
I will post those soon.

They are displayed differently each year as well.

Click on her name for lots of inspiration.
Katherine

1 comment:

Play Bazaar said...

Taking these supplements will help you increase your activity and not feel the down time effects of aging. Make these important part of your daily routine. play bazaar

play bazaar