Thursday

Milestone Wedding Anniversary!



Joe and I have a special milestone wedding anniversary 
and celebrated it by going back to where we married. 

Do you recognize this beautiful place? St. Augustine, FL! I'm standing
in front of the Flagler College in St. Augustine.

Across the street here:
 is the Lightner Museum

 and below I'm standing in front of the statue in front of the Lightner Museum:

 Below are pictures of the koi pond in the middle of the courtyard at Lightner Museum. I'm standing on the coquina stone bridge that crosses over it:

The pretty koi fish


The pond goes in four directions:


 There are also antique shops, coffee shops and restaurants as well as the Lightner Museum.

 We also walked over to the former wedding chapel where we were married 20 years ago.
 It is a beautiful Victorian House.
 It is now empty and for rent, but still in good shape. 

The picture below shows the Lightner Museum in the background, closeby.

The owners of the wedding chapel that used to be in the Victorian house have now relocated inside the Lightner Museum building. Here's a picture of the new chapel, isn't it pretty!

A lovely place for a wedding.

We thought it would be fun to have our picture taken in the chapel!


The owners weren't there, but their grandson was and he gave us a tour!


The weather was beautiful and we enjoyed going back to where we married!
There's a reason why we didn't have family with us that day we married, stay tuned
to April and I'll tell you the rest of the story!

Update Note: Check out our second celebration of our 20th wedding anniversary here.
Katherine

4 comments:

Bernideen said...

Congratulations! What great photos!

A Hint of Home said...

Happy, happy anniversary to you both!!

Creations By Cindy said...

Happy anniversary to you two! Great pictures and I am ready for the rest of the story! LOL! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Adrienne said...

I know I sent anniversary wishes on Facebook but now I've had a chance to visit your blog and see the photos on my screen. I love seeing where you were married and that 'new' chapel is gorgeous! Thanks for sharing. Maybe someday I'll get down that way to visit and see it for myself!
~Adrienne~