Friday

Zinnias

I don't want the summer to pass without posting this zinnia tablescape. Inspiration started with this cute little wheelbarrow from Hobby Lobby. I featured it in my Valentine and St. Patrick's Day tablescapes back in February and March. 

My mother always grew zinnias in her yard. When I saw these silk zinnias I had to buy them because they remind me of my mother.

They look so sweet in the little wheelbarrow.

These napkins had all of the colors of the zinnias. I doubled them with cream colored eyelet napkins on top of cream square plates topped with bright orange, on top of round fuschia placemats. 


I had a tablecloth out to use, but decided to let the beautiful oak wood show. In the summertime bare tables look cooler, don't you agree?
The multi-colored flatware also matches really well! 


Napkin rings have a zinnia tucked in them. 






A pretty little white bird even matches the wheelbarrow!






Have you ever grown zinnias?


                                                                     A place for you!


I'm joining Susan's Tablescape Thursday, click on her name for lots more inspiration.


Katherine

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Katherine! Oh, those little zinnias are so sweet. I don't think I've seen silk ones. They look darling in the little wheelbarrow! Hope you have a great weekend.
bE a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Candy S said...

The zinnias look lovely in the pretty white wheelbarrow, perfect for a lovely summer tablescape. I love the multicolor flatware with the colorful napkins and plates. The lacy placemats in the bright pink add such a nice pop of color to the tablescape too.

Jacqueline said...

That wheelbarrow is just adorable! What a fabulous centerpiece it makes with your lovely zinnias! I can't stand the thought that summer is ending! It always goes so fast. The zinnias add the perfect summer touch to the fun table! Enjoy!

Kathi said...

I love your pretty place settings and center piece. Kathi